Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A post-mortem

I was talking to one of my close friends today when i noticed how much we had grown up through these two years we were apart (after high school). The reason for this revelation was because the problems we discussed in our little talk were all more pressing and I guess, more adultish. No longer were we talking about who got the highest marks in Physics or who got caught by Mr Goh trying to play truant. Now, the issue seems to revolve around life and relationships and finding who we really are. When it was brought up, the issues kinda threw me off for a while as I not prepared for it, thinking that my friends, like me, were still in the teenage phase. Boy was I wrong. We are young adults now, capable of making sound decisions for the benefit of our own future. After the talk, I felt strangely more matured. Maybe because it was knowing that the teenage years, like our childhood, had become a thing in a distant past. Maybe the talk was kinda like a signed permission slip for me saying, “you are now allowed to grow up”. Whatever it was, one thing is for sure : time to suck it up and be the young adults that we are. Funny how a simple chat in a car while waiting for another friend could change your whole view of life.

Interestingly, today, the very same friend brought some pictures of us during our primary days for us to look at. Looking at the ridiculous poses we struck, I swear I could see the carefreeness in each and every chubby one of us. Well, I guess there are no more reasons for us to say we haven’t experienced carefreeness. We did. And now it is time to move on.

.......

Although, this is not to say we shouldn’t enjoy our last few years as a minor (I consider 21 as being the full blown young adult. For the time being, we are semi young adults, prob young adults if u will) enjoying the silly things we do. Anyone up for some ridiculous drive around town while arguing about where to go for food ?

Thinking

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home