Sunday, May 18, 2008

So............

I'm now in Boise, Idaho. Been here for a week already. Interesting story about getting here :

I was supposed to drive down here with a friend that got the same internship. A week before we were supposed to get down here, the friend got in a bona fide accident that totally destroyed his car. No one got hurt in the accident but the way that his car got hit made the truck non-driveable. So we scrambled around, asking for ppl who might go down to Boise at the end of the week, hoping, hoping we could catch a ride down. Luckily, my friend bought a new car (well, new used car) and all is well.....

Touchy story no?

Anyways, we got here to our apartment and checked it out. It was pretty sweet deal for 250 a month. Everything we needed was included and it was really close to Micron. We drawed for our rooms and of course, i drew the tiniest room. I guess that's alright as we won't be spending much time in the rooms except for sleeping anyways.

The first week of work was great. Been to a couple of training classes, some forum and did a whole lot of learning. I don't know how much i can divulge about working with Micron but suffice to say that I'm learning lots and having fun at the same time. It's pretty funny though to see myself wearing work clothes (which i stocked up on before i got here). Funny and pretty sweet. Since the sun sets at around 9.30 pm and it doesn't get cold anymore (yay!! Weather here has been awesome. Had a coupla 90 degrees days. No SNOW!), we've been getting out a lot after work. Been cycling around town, played folf (frisbee golf) at the local park the other day and went for a whole day of lazing around the reservoir yesterday. Boise is such a great town; it has just about everything i want. It has a city thing and also a outdoor town thing all rolled into one. Downtown Boise is super cool, having sweet places to hang out and also cool restaurants. There are parks here everywhere and outdoor activities opportunities are abound. Shopping is awesome, or at least will be. I know i will be doing some retail therapy as soon as i get my paycheck.

I'll update some pictures as soon as i have some. Till then though, take care and go out and enjoy the sun y'all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home