The many injuries of Andrew from skiing,


This happened last week (saturday). Although this does not look bad, the crash hurt like hell. I was happily going along this slope when i realised i was going too fast for comfort. I then tried to turn to slow down but unfortunately i hit a big motha bump before i could even say "Pusing!". And the rest, they say is history. I flew off and then landed face first onto some cold, cold snow. Hit my head quite hard on the snow (pretty sure i had a minor concusion). I was dragged by my own momentum (physics 211 comes in handy) for 2m, losing all my stuff along the way (my hat, my goggles, my poles, my gloves. The term for this is called a yard sale). It knocked the wind out of my lungs and i sat there confused for 10 seconds before my friends came to retrieve me. Oh yeah, and i managed to crack my goggles on the fall. Got up and skiied away though, so mum and sis, don't worry. Just being the usual exaggerating me.

This week is another different story. I was happily going along this slope when i realised i was going to fast for comfort (sounds familliar?). I slowed down by digging my skiis in the snow and it worked !! So i slowed down and that's when i lost my balance and tipped over. I slid for a meter but this fall was not painful at all (normal lose-your-balance type of fall, no biggie). Unfortunately, my poles decided to "depart" from my arms and somehow managed to take revenge on all the times i mistreated them - on my head. One pole (the evil one i decided to call "The fright stick") hit me really hard on the back of my head. It hurt like hell and when i checked it later at lunch, i discover a big motha "ang mo lau" on my head. Bloody red too. Although that happened, i still skiied for the whole day and finally conquered the South Bowl. Yes !!


I think i killed some of my brain cells in these two nasty fall. The third time....
Hold on, now what are we talking about again???
Nightmare


This happened last week (saturday). Although this does not look bad, the crash hurt like hell. I was happily going along this slope when i realised i was going too fast for comfort. I then tried to turn to slow down but unfortunately i hit a big motha bump before i could even say "Pusing!". And the rest, they say is history. I flew off and then landed face first onto some cold, cold snow. Hit my head quite hard on the snow (pretty sure i had a minor concusion). I was dragged by my own momentum (physics 211 comes in handy) for 2m, losing all my stuff along the way (my hat, my goggles, my poles, my gloves. The term for this is called a yard sale). It knocked the wind out of my lungs and i sat there confused for 10 seconds before my friends came to retrieve me. Oh yeah, and i managed to crack my goggles on the fall. Got up and skiied away though, so mum and sis, don't worry. Just being the usual exaggerating me.

This week is another different story. I was happily going along this slope when i realised i was going to fast for comfort (sounds familliar?). I slowed down by digging my skiis in the snow and it worked !! So i slowed down and that's when i lost my balance and tipped over. I slid for a meter but this fall was not painful at all (normal lose-your-balance type of fall, no biggie). Unfortunately, my poles decided to "depart" from my arms and somehow managed to take revenge on all the times i mistreated them - on my head. One pole (the evil one i decided to call "The fright stick") hit me really hard on the back of my head. It hurt like hell and when i checked it later at lunch, i discover a big motha "ang mo lau" on my head. Bloody red too. Although that happened, i still skiied for the whole day and finally conquered the South Bowl. Yes !!


I think i killed some of my brain cells in these two nasty fall. The third time....
Hold on, now what are we talking about again???
Nightmare

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home