Friday, March 17, 2006

The on-goings of Mr Andrew in Seattle and Portland.



The time has come. Spring break. Away from all the craziness of school and tests. Incidentally i did good for all my tests ! Just thought u guys might be interested in knowing about my studies :)

so.....

Characters :

Andrew : The Dude. Malaysia. Mission is to just escape Bozeman and try to eat as much ethnic food in Seattle and Portland as possible. Have to get some gifts too. Was a little over-enthuasistic about the Japanese food. Favorite word : I don't know.

A generic conversation

Andrew : What ??!!! The japanese Terayaki is only 5.99???? That's a sweet deal. Guys, we have to try this. Guys .....?? (friends rolling eyes and walking away as they have seen this for about every asian restaurant. They almost passed out when i ranted about the Indian buffet for the whole day. What !!, Old habits die hard)

Marie
: The impossibly hot Czech girl (it is the Czech republic mind you. Not czechoslovakia. She ensured that everyone gets this). Scientist by day, vigilante by night, this girl takes no nonsense from anyone. She is the typical blunt and straight European. Pretty blunt sometimes. Will clash with another character as the story unfolds. Capable of smoldering glare with her green-grey (self-admitted) eyes. Very funny though, tells jokes with an extreme straight face (sometimes. Other times, she laughs like mad even before the joke is finished). Favorite word : Goooooooooooood

A generic conversation

Andrew : so what is a country for q?? Quebeckistan !!!
Marie : There is no such thing as Quebeckistan. There is Quebec in Canada. And Kazathstan, Afghanistan but no Quebeckistan !
Andrew : (trying to be cheeky) I'm pretty sure there is a Quebeckistan. I'll show ya
Marie : (Rolls eyes)
Andrew : But Quebeckistan...
Marie : (Smoldering glare)
Andrew : So..... Raj.........

Raj : The Dude 2 from India. Extremely funny and friendly, Raj also happened to be my atm for the whole trip (you see, i had no money as i did not bank in my check yet. However, Raj was there to borrow me a couple of bucks. Trust these phD students to have all the money). extremely good at knowing when to talk and when to shut up. Could not resist the temptation to tease Marie at times though so also suffered her smoldering scientist glare. Favorite word : Gooooooooooood (to tease Marie)

Generic conversation

Hal : So Raj, are we going to Missoula or not?? Laila wants to know now
Raj : .................
Hal : I know laila wants to go there.
Raj : .......
Raj : So Marie, how many % of alcohol is needed before it can be lit on fire ?
Marie : 52 %
Raj : Oh, 52? Not 51 % What would happen if it was 51.5 % The scientist should know.
Marie : (Smoldering glare)

Hal : The blur sotong from Hong Kong. Extremely bad with directions (my god, and he was the driver. i swear i was this close to strangling him when he lost the directions for the 312th time) Also found out he was extremely bad with estimates (elaborate later). Good guy though. Always inserts the most out of topic sentence in a middle of a conversation. Fav quote : I have a question.

A generic conversation

Laila : Hal, where is the Black eyed peas cd? It is the unmarked cd right?
Hal : U mean the cd case?? I don't have the cd case for it. I have a cd carrier though.
Laila : No Hal, the cd we were listening to earlier. The black eyed peas album, where is it now? Which unmarked cd is it in here ?
Hal : Yeah, i don't have the case. What do u mean unmarked cd? There are a lot of unmarked cds in the cd carrier.
Laila : No, i was just asking...
Andrew : Erm, i don't know which one it is Laila. Should be the unmarked cd at one the end of the cd carrier.
Laila : Oh, thanks.
Hal : I have a question guys, what did you mean by the unmarked cd?

Raj : Hal, we are going the wrong way. We should be on I-5 north, we are now going on I-5 south.
Hal : No, this is I-26. We are going to I-5 now.
Raj : (I-5 south sign passed us for the 50th time) Hal, look at the sign. We are on I-5 south
Hal : Oh,........... okay. I'll turn back to I-5 north

15 miles passed by

Hal : Oh no !! We are on the wrong Interstate. We should be going on I-5 north.

Laila : The sweet girl from Morrocco. Was very nice but has frequent temper flares about not getting to the place she wants to or eat the things she wants to. The problem is that we were always asking for her input on places of interest and food but she always left it to us to decide. And then, she would not like our choices. Impossible to please (her way or the highway) but did not show her displeasure for long periods of time (did not hold grudges). Was unlucky enough to trust whatever Hal told her about the trip (she did not know Hal's words were kinda everchanging {due to his blurness}and should never be taken as a promise). In the end, an unfortunate victim of Hal's promise of a planned, organised trip. Nice girl to know and hang out with, just not in an unorganised trip like this one. Oh yeah, clashed with Marie. Favorite word : Hal told me that we were.......(some earlier plans Hal promised Laila)

Generic conversation

Laila : What are we doing today guys?
Marie : It's up to you. Whatever everyone wants to do.
Laila : I want to do what u guys are doing. Up to you guys.
Raj : Okay, let's go to the Seattle Space Needle.

At Seattle Space Needle

Laila : We should have went to the other place. I don't like this place.
Marie : Well you should have spoken up then before.
Laila : Anyone wants to see how chocolate is made?
Marie : I know how to make chocolate.
Guys : ...............

James : The British bloke we met while staying in the Seattle International Youth Hostel. Extremely pleasant and funny. Very British-gentleman-like (Marie loves his accent and his manners). Really fun to hang out with. Favorite word : Lads and mates

A generic conversation (spoken in a heavy British accent)

James : Bloody hell, you go down a 100ft ice tunnel just to collect samples of bacteria ?
Marie : Yeah, what's the big deal about that?
James : I don't know, but going down a tunnel that might collapse or close on you sounds a little dodgy to me.
James : If i told my mates back home about this hot chick from Czechoslovakia......
Marie : (Smoldering glare)
James : So..........Raj........


The Group



To be continued...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home