Sorry for being MIA for so long.
The truth is I fell in love, moved in with me lady, and got married. We are trying to work out the kinks of marriage life right now and really, just busy with being a newly-wed. Oh that and we are trying to start a family to rival my sister's happy family.
If you've been holding your breath Mom, now's the time to breathe a sigh of relief. I kid, i kid. I'm not married. Hahaha. Married to school maybe..
So the real lowdown is that i've been really busy with being a senior in school. I'm taking 17 credits this semester and that together with being the Global Culture Club president has resulted in my inaction in this blog. Also i gotta work about 10 hours a week to pay off my bills. You would think that Micron money from the summer would have been enough to keep me off the workforce but the thing about money, or the availability of it in the bank account, is that inevitably, it finds its way somewhere else. To someone else's bank account. Ah, consumerism and its ugly, ugly side effects.
So, what else is new with me huh? Well, i'm glad you asked. Well, for one, i am now taking the Senior Capstone design class. What this means is that we are actually applying all our knowledge and design skills to come up with a final design of a real functioning machine. For me and two other guys, this means the 36V Universal Battery Charger. Somehow, we must have missed the real important leactures pertaining to the design and implementation of battery chargers as this project is kicking our butts right now....Well, at least that was how it felt like until the past week or so when we finally got our shit figured and ordered parts for the final prototype. Building this thing though will be another beast altogether......
What else is new? Pres for the GCC maybe. This job, though fun and rewarding, sucks up pretty much all of my free time. It's crazy how much time is needed to organize the club, the money, the members, and the weekly activities we do. Luckily i happen to like the people in the club or i would be one miserable president. Check out facebook for pictures of just me and often 10 cute girls. Heh. Me likey being president
I am also finally taking a stab at music. Growing up, I always wanted to learn to play something. Piano was too expensive and guitar was too foreign then. So, this semester, despite being super busy, i bought a guitar (that is where a lot of the Micron money went btw) , took up guitar lessons and am now learning guitar. So far, i am a pretty useless guitar player but i hope with persistent practice I will be, someday, moderately good.
Now looking forward. As i am about to be done with school, i find myself thinking about the future more and more. Do i take the Micron job offer, an offer that will pay me lotsa money doing something I'm not sure if i can do e-very, single DAY or do i go to grad school; not knowing of course where i want to go or what i want to specialize in yet. Or do i just want to take the year off, do the American thing and travel the world. Go places. Of course, i do not have ANY money for that. Decisions and crossroads are hard. Very hard. So hard that i often just block them out. But the thing is, I have to make a decision soon...Such is life huh.
But anyways, all is good with me for now. I am very happy with where i am now; busy but very happy. Contented. School is going good, work is paying me well, and everything else is where it is supposed to be. I'm immersing myself in just about anything and everything. The future looks promising. Just gotta decide which future it is. Whichever one it is, I'm pretty sure i will be happy with it. Forks and crossroads eh?
Peace
The truth is I fell in love, moved in with me lady, and got married. We are trying to work out the kinks of marriage life right now and really, just busy with being a newly-wed. Oh that and we are trying to start a family to rival my sister's happy family.
If you've been holding your breath Mom, now's the time to breathe a sigh of relief. I kid, i kid. I'm not married. Hahaha. Married to school maybe..
So the real lowdown is that i've been really busy with being a senior in school. I'm taking 17 credits this semester and that together with being the Global Culture Club president has resulted in my inaction in this blog. Also i gotta work about 10 hours a week to pay off my bills. You would think that Micron money from the summer would have been enough to keep me off the workforce but the thing about money, or the availability of it in the bank account, is that inevitably, it finds its way somewhere else. To someone else's bank account. Ah, consumerism and its ugly, ugly side effects.
So, what else is new with me huh? Well, i'm glad you asked. Well, for one, i am now taking the Senior Capstone design class. What this means is that we are actually applying all our knowledge and design skills to come up with a final design of a real functioning machine. For me and two other guys, this means the 36V Universal Battery Charger. Somehow, we must have missed the real important leactures pertaining to the design and implementation of battery chargers as this project is kicking our butts right now....Well, at least that was how it felt like until the past week or so when we finally got our shit figured and ordered parts for the final prototype. Building this thing though will be another beast altogether......
What else is new? Pres for the GCC maybe. This job, though fun and rewarding, sucks up pretty much all of my free time. It's crazy how much time is needed to organize the club, the money, the members, and the weekly activities we do. Luckily i happen to like the people in the club or i would be one miserable president. Check out facebook for pictures of just me and often 10 cute girls. Heh. Me likey being president
I am also finally taking a stab at music. Growing up, I always wanted to learn to play something. Piano was too expensive and guitar was too foreign then. So, this semester, despite being super busy, i bought a guitar (that is where a lot of the Micron money went btw) , took up guitar lessons and am now learning guitar. So far, i am a pretty useless guitar player but i hope with persistent practice I will be, someday, moderately good.
Now looking forward. As i am about to be done with school, i find myself thinking about the future more and more. Do i take the Micron job offer, an offer that will pay me lotsa money doing something I'm not sure if i can do e-very, single DAY or do i go to grad school; not knowing of course where i want to go or what i want to specialize in yet. Or do i just want to take the year off, do the American thing and travel the world. Go places. Of course, i do not have ANY money for that. Decisions and crossroads are hard. Very hard. So hard that i often just block them out. But the thing is, I have to make a decision soon...Such is life huh.
But anyways, all is good with me for now. I am very happy with where i am now; busy but very happy. Contented. School is going good, work is paying me well, and everything else is where it is supposed to be. I'm immersing myself in just about anything and everything. The future looks promising. Just gotta decide which future it is. Whichever one it is, I'm pretty sure i will be happy with it. Forks and crossroads eh?
Peace

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home